The Lawyer’s Guide to Professional Coaching: Leadership, Mentoring & Effectiveness
(The American Bar Association – April 2012)
Finally, a book for lawyers and by a lawyer that clearly explains the value and process of coaching! The Lawyer’s Guide to Professional Coaching: Leadership, Mentoring & Effectiveness answers the following questions:
- Why coaching has grown so popular…and necessary.
- Why coaching lawyers is and should be different from coaching executives and other professionals.
- How coaches help lawyers and contribute to their bottom line.
- How individual lawyers are using coaches to improve their performance and satisfaction.
- How and where law firms are using coaches to improve effectiveness, cohesion, morale, and profitability.
- How coaches differ from consultants, therapists, and trainers.
- How to get the highest ROI from your investment in coaching.
- Practical advice on how to find, select, and hire the right coach.
- Isn’t everybody a “coach” today? How to get past the labels and tell real coaches from unqualified ones.
- The coaching process demystified – what to expect in coaching conversations and engagements.
- How coaching skills help when lawyers manage, mentor, and work with clients.
NOW AVAILABLE from New Actions and The Law Practice Management Section of the American Bar Association