At one time or another, all organizations experience growing pains, dissension, under-performance, or an uncertain future. Our portfolio of consulting, coaching, and facilitation services helps executives seize opportunities for growth, navigate difficult transitions, resolve conflicts, and overcome obstacles to personal and organization-wide effectiveness. First and foremost, we are a “results company” – the actual mix of services we provide is always determined by the results our clients are after.
New Actions consulting expertise focuses on the following areas:
- Leadership and management development
- Achieving accountability and buy-in
- Increasing productivity through better communication and coordination
- Reducing conflict and turnover
- Succession planning
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Organization change and interpersonal dynamics
Our WHAT-4℠ approach to consulting divides the consulting process into four easily-understood phases, each based on answering a different question: What, So What, Now What, and What Next?
- “What are the facts, what are the real problems, and what are members of the firm saying, thinking, and feeling?” We start by collecting data from our clients.
- “So what does all this information mean?” We analyze the collected data and provide feedback to our clients.
- “Now what do we do?” We give our clients answers, alternatives, and solutions; and then facilitate discussions to make sure decisions are made, changes implemented, and results achieved.
- “What next needs to be done?” We do follow up surveys and facilitate discussions to make sure that results are sustained and the future is planned for.
Changes at the individual level are the foundation for sustainable changes at all higher levels, and executive coaching is simply the best way of helping individuals change. New Actions executive coaching engagements typically center around one or more of the following areas:
- Personal effectiveness and satisfaction
- Making decisions and setting priorities
- Managing time and staying organized
- Leading, managing, and motivating others
- Developing productive teams
- Persuading, influencing, and achieving consensus
- Relationship and communication skills
- Conflict competence
- Stress, anxiety, and other quality of life concerns
- Directing and inspiring organizational change
- Promotions, relocations, and other career transitions
New Actions offers individual, team, and organization-wide assessments based on one-on-one interviews or state-of-the-art instruments that capture data in a fast, cost-effective manner. Regardless of which method is used, full confidentiality and anonymity are maintained for all participants.
Assessments are like any tool – you need to pick the right one for the job. New Actions works with its clients to determine which assessment is most appropriate for the number of people participating, the nature of the issues being explored, and the client’s budget.
Though they are a stand-alone service, New Actions assessments are most often used in connection with our coaching, consulting, and facilitation services.
Organization-wide assessments are used to:
- Assess buy-in and consensus around strategic decisions,
- Predict and proactively deal with issues of morale, turnover, trust and communication,
- Discover personality and culture clashes before hiring and mergers, and
- Identify the impact of leadership practices on an organization’s growth and profitability.
Individual Assessments of executives are used to:
- Identify high-potential executives and the best ways to develop them
- Evaluate performance, discover problem areas, and strengthen performance,
- Measure emotional intelligence competencies and potential for success,
- Discern the effects of stress and susceptibility to burn out,
- And as the foundation for coaching and mentoring programs.
Dynamic and smooth functioning teams are essential for any organization’s success. Through a combination of coaching and facilitation, New Actions builds teams with higher levels of performance, accountability, and cohesion. Group assessments help team members understand their individual differences, and how those differences contribute to overall team effectiveness and morale. During the facilitation of team meetings, new skills and concepts are introduced which lead to improvements in communication, coordination, and leadership.
Often the most difficult conversations are the ones most critical to success – and most in need of facilitation. Our facilitation services help teams and organizations resolve misunderstandings, reconcile differences, and make and implement decisions in a timely manner. Facilitation accelerates innovation and planning, and encourages the full use of the collective skill and intelligence of all participants. Through facilitation, teams and organizations stop spinning their wheels and start using their time and energy effectively. An added benefit is that many of our clients learn from our facilitation and soon become highly skilled at planning and leading their own meetings without our assistance.
Leadership Team Retreats
Day-to-day pressures and urgent matters make it extremely difficult for management teams to spend sufficient time on the long-term and big picture issues they encounter. New Actions offsite retreats provide a distraction free environment to discuss these important topics, while also improving communication and collaboration within the team. Team retreats typically focus on creating a strategic plan, building consensus on important decisions, tackling recurring problems, making fundamental changes, and resolving internal conflicts. Our retreats are also an excellent opportunity to integrate new members into a team, help virtual team members connect, and improve overall team cohesion and performance.
Virtual & Live Programs
Workshops & Learning Groups are an excellent way for businesses to sustain the results they’ve achieved through New Actions consulting, coaching, or facilitation engagements. Clients’ needs dictate the size, frequency, and theme of these programs. Workshops can be singular or serial, while learning groups are usually held on a bimonthly, quarterly, or semiannual basis. In these programs, skills learned through coaching and facilitation are practiced and applied to clients’ immediate problems. Changes in thinking, communicating, and collaborating are reinforced and integrated in a way that is simply not possible with generic, one-shot trainings. As learning deepens – on individual, team, and organizational levels – performance and profitability continue to improve. These programs are valuable to both newly formed and intact groups.
Webinars & Teleseminars are great for disseminating information and skills to participants across many different locations. Team members on separate coasts can be – literally and figuratively – on the same page, which in turns allows them to communicate and collaborate with greater ease and effectiveness. These programs are offered on a private basis (limited to members of a team, business unit, or company) or public basis (participants come from several different companies). Program topics are usually determined by clients’ current needs and challenges. Click here for a list of past professional webinar and teleseminar topics.
Speeches & Keynotes set the tone for a conference, trade show, or retreat. Andrew Elowitt is a frequent speaker and recognized authority of how “soft skills” like building consensus, giving feedback, mentoring others, developing conflict competence, and thinking strategically contribute to bottom line results. In speeches liberally sprinkled with humor and arresting graphics, Andrew helps executives see new and practical ways of leading with authority, strength, and emotional intelligence. Click here for a list of Andrew’s past speeches and presentations.